Hi there

rylima
rylima Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis although I have been in pain for years. I was referred last year after my foot swelled up and a blood test showed markers for RA. I have agreed to take part in a trial called TEEMS to determine medication that will help me. I’m really starting to become concerned about side effects though and have read that the medication can really effect people negatively. Any advice is always greatly received

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,782

Hi @rylima

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community. I see you are newly diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and are taking part in the TEEMS trial.

Do you know which medications you will be on yet? If so it might help for you to name them so that our members can give you some feedback as to how they are doing on them themselves?

I am going to attach a link about some of the medications you might be being offered. This Community ihas so much collective experience I think their input is what you need:

Do please have a look around the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• rylima
    rylima Member Posts: 3

Thank you. I haven't been told what medication I will be given yet although they did say they would start me on Methotrexate but that is it so far