LSF1605
LSF1605 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Newbie to this group

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211
    Options

Hi @LSF1605 firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you are new to the group, it would make it easier for me to point you to the most appropriate information and for other members to find you if you were comfortable to give a little more info. This could be why you joined the group, what you are interested in, what you want to get from the group and what connection to arthritis you have e.g. patient / carer. Obviously only if you are comfortable giving more.

The site is full of information so please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you get some relief and answers soon.

Thanks

Joe

• Sally_Anne
    Sally_Anne Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello fellow newbie's. Not sure why I haven't joined this group before. I've had osteoarthritis in various joints for many years now, my first experience was in my left hand thumb joint. I how have severe osteoarthritis in both my hip joints, hopefully will be having hip replacement surgery in my left hip some time this coming April. Kind of feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all at the moment.

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 794
    Options

Hello @Sally_Anne and welcome to the online community, we are really glad you finally decided to join us.

We are here to support you and anyone who is affected by arthritis. I see that you have had arthritis for a number of years and are hoping to have surgery on your hip in April. There are many members who have shared their experiences of hip surgery and I hope that you will find their conversations interesting and informative.

I felt somewhat overwhelmed before my hip operation and looked to the website for support and found it in bucket loads so I hope you will find time to browse around the community . Everyone's experience is different but the main message that keeps coming through is you are not alone. We offer support for you on your good and not so good days so share your ups and downs and we can be there for you.

I attach some links which I hope will be useful

I thought at first that doing exercises with sore hips would only aggravate the situation but I persevered and tried to maintain what little muscle strength I had in my leg and back. Now a year after my THR I continue with a daily half hour exercise routine often using the Versus Arthritis Lets Move "Stretching" and "Dancing" videos which are great fun . Doing this has lifted my spirits and I hope that you will have a look at them and see if they will suit you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi @LSF1605 , @Sally_Anne

Welcome there are some lovely people here I’m sure they will offer advice and support

take care

Jona 😊

• Sally_Anne
    Options

Hello fellow newbie's. Not sure why I haven't joined this group before. I've had osteoarthritis in various joints for many years now, my first experience was in my left hand thumb joint. I how have severe osteoarthritis in both my hip joints, hopefully will be having hip replacement surgery in my left hip some time this coming April. Kind of feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all at the moment.