35 years of PsA and counting...

Options
SJSH
SJSH Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi all. I am looking for some support, as after 35 years of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, the last 3 years or so have floored me due to hormonal problems starting too. Then throw a pandemic into the mix...well... it's just become a bit too much. I'd just like to know there are others out there who might understand a bit. Thanks!

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,696
    Options

Hi @SJSH

Lovely to meet you and Welcome you to the Online Community.

I see you are an old hand when it comes to Arthritis, but maybe not hormone changes. I am presuming you are referring to the menopause, (apologies if not). Interestingly we are hearing from quite a few women recently who have added this issue to their Arthritis.

This is a search a colleague posted to someone else recently:

This is the only relevant information on our main site:

As for the Pandemic well So many of us here have found the stress, fear and isolation has had a huge impact on us and our well-being.

I will leave you now to meet our members

Best wishes

Ellen.

• nicholaj
    nicholaj Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hello and welcome. My OA only got bad within the last year and it has floored me at times so I am full of admiration for your tenacity over such a long time.

I was in a state of extreme anxiety for the first six months of the pandemic and walking was my therapy and distraction. So having that limited by pain has been hard to manage.

I think what I am trying to say is that you are being challenged on a number of fronts right now and I have a small but sincere appreciation of what you are going through.

• Hairobsessed123
    Options

@SJSH

im totally getting the hormonal thing I was hit with it all together the PsA diagnosis covid and peri menopause!! And that’s been a hard swallow for me !!

Be kind to yourself and be a bit selfish u have to come first and make sure u are well .

if that’s means having a pj day and leaving jobs just do it xxxx