Just diagnosed

Options
LesburyLass
LesburyLass Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Just to say hello! I was diagnosed with RA yesterday so feeling a bit overwhelmed and sorry for myself today. This site was recommended to me so I'm looking forward to reading some articles and posts so I know what I'm dealing with 😊

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 1,025
    Options

Hello @LesburyLass,

Welcome to the online community. It understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed about your recent diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. There can be a lot to take and it can seem very daunting. I’m sure that our members will understand what you’re going through - we all live with arthritis and have experienced the challenges you face when you’re first given the diagnosis. You’ve made a good first move by joining us though - as well as useful advice given from experience, the community is also a place where you can ask questions, share your stories and have a moan sometimes if you need to!

The Versus Arthritis website is also a good place to find up to date information. I’ve posted a link below or a site that’s specifically written for people who have been recently diagnosed. As well as talking about symptoms, medication and treatments, there are several stories from people who share what their journey has been like, and a very good article written by a counsellor and therapist who discusses how to find different ways to cope:

Please do have a look round the forum - everyone is very friendly - and do join in any conversations you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes,

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm