Medications

Hello,

First time poster, looking for some advice. I have recently started taking Amgevita, for my Rheumatoid Arthritis after learning that Metoject was not really having any impact. I also take hydroxychloroquine and folic acid, and wonder if anyone could advise if it is still ok to take these two on top of the Amgevita, or if I need to wait a day between doses? I was overwhelmed with information from the nurses but have been unable to get a clear answer on whether or not I should be taking them on the same day I take my Amgevita.

Any advice gratefully received 😊

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

Welcome to the forum, @Lornaf83.

I see that you are concerned at the addition of Amgevita to your medications. Your Rheumatologist or GP is the best person to advise you on this. If you do not understand their response, then press them.

You may like to speak to our Helpline 0800 5200 520

I hope you get the answer you need.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Tom, Moderator.

•  

Hello @LornaF83

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I’m sorry to hear that you were overwhelmed with information that was given by the nurses and I know that can easily happen. I’ve read the response from Tom and can only reiterate what was said. We are not medically trained on the helpline so unable to answer your question regarding the medication. Please contact your rheumatologist or GP for further advice, as Tom has said if you are unsure of what they are saying let them know that, and ask for the answer to be explained until it’s clear for you.

You are very welcome to call us on our helpline: 0800 5200 520 (weekdays 9am – 6pm) here we can take our time to talk informally and in confidence, sometimes a listening ear can be helpful.

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline team