freezing cold fingers even in a warm room

Options
kwp
kwp Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

As a recently joined sufferer, I am assuming that to experience very cold fingers even in a warmed room is to be accepted as common with arthritic fingers ?

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 794
    Options

Hello @kwp and welcome to the online community,

You are experiencing cold fingers and wonder if this is common condition for arthritis sufferers. Certainly members do share this symptom as part of their everyday life with arthritis. It can take a while to adjust to dealing with it and one can be likened to that old advert of the Michelin man! Bundled up in so many layers to appear twice your normal size! Humour aside it is a very painful condition and I attach a link that I hope you will find interesting

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/raynauds-phenomenon

Sarah's story at the end of the link is helpful, there will also be members who can give you more ways of coping .

If you want someone to talk to in more detail the Helpline is open Monday - Friday 9.00 - 6.00

Meanwhile I hope that you will browse round the community discussions and activities and join in with us in the future . We would love to hear from you.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,733
    Options

I've had RA and OA for years but my fingers don't get particularly cold. Raynaulds is a disease associated with RA but not many of us get it. Lots of things can cause cold fingers. Try to keep them moving - exercises are good - but maybe ask your GP what (s)he thinks.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mariannie
    Mariannie Member Posts: 5
    Options

I have RA and cold fingers and feet, are one of my symptoms too.