Physiotherapy exercises

I was supposed to be having my appointment with the physiotherapy department at the end of this February, but it has been postponed twice in a row - first to mid March, then to early May.

Since it seems that I will be waiting for some time, I was wondering if there were any physiotherapy exercises that I could do for now that helps with the moderate pain in my head, legs, arms, shoulders, hands, stomach, chest-

Well, thanks to my fibromyalgia, the pain is widespread. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548

Hi @krasen - welcome to the online community!

I see you've got fibromyalgia and while you've been given a physiotherapist appointment it's now been postponed twice (!) and you're looking for any advice on what exercises you can do i nthe meantime.

As luck would have it last year Versus Arthritis did a while series of videos for exercises which are suitable for people with arthritis and other similar diseases. They're called Let's move with Leon, and they're really well done. Leon is a fitness expert, and he's done all his videos with his Mum (who has arthritis) and they do alternatives so you can do exercises sitting down and at the pace and strength which suits you. Do take a look at their page here. It's designed as a 12 week program, one video a week (repeated as many times as you like in the week), although people have done it at their own pace, repeated weeks, found a favourite video or however suits them

In fact Versus Arthritis has had a productive couple of years on exercise support. There's also a set a stretching routines (I really find stretching helps my pain a lot!) which may also be of help to you:

I do hope you get your physiotherapist appointment soon! Do have a look around, we have a whole section of the community based on moving, which may be of interest to you.

Lovely to meet you!

Shell

•  

Hi @krasen

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I’m sorry to hear that your physiotherapy has been postponed until early May. I can see that Shell has offered a helpful response, which leaves me little to add. The Let’s move with Leon videos are very good as Shell has explained, so do give this a go if you can.

If you would like to talk things through, please give us a call on our helpline: 0800 5200 520 (weekdays 9am – 6pm) here we can take our time to talk in more detail about what’s going on for you.

I hope this helps whilst your waiting for your physiotherapy to start.

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline team

• krasen
    krasen Member Posts: 4

Thanks guys! It seems I'll have lots to do for the next few months, so the days may go just a little faster now!

Cheers!