OS

Options

Struggling every day and struggling with work due to pain .been told to stop naproxen as it’s starting to damage my stomach,so would like to know what other inflammation drugs are available

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 890
    Options

Hello @JUSTdiv99 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you are struggling with work due to pain and have been advised to stop taking naproxen. Our website has some useful information which may help though you do not say which type of arthritis you have so I have put a couple of links below which might help.

though of course you should consult with your GP as to which to use. I have also put the following general link in

which I hope will lead to information you need. In the meantime please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @JUSTdiv99

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum. I’m sorry you are struggling to work because of the pain you’re experiencing and that’s impacting on your work.  

Thanks to @PeterJ for providing the links to painkillers and NSAID and about arthritis. I hope you have found them useful.

I’m uncertain about the underlying cause of your pain and which joints are affected. Is it OA (osteoarthritis)? If so, there is a drug-free and very well-tolerated painkiller called capsaicin cream which is very effective for OA. You could ask your GP to prescribe it.  Capsaicin cream works mainly by reducing a pain transmitter in the nerves.  It doesn’t provide instant relief though – it builds up in the system and people usually notice a difference within a week or so of starting it.

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. We can explain the capsaicin cream in more detail to help you have a more informed discussion with your GP about whether it’s right for you.

In the meantime, you can find out more about capsaicin cream and about your rights at work here:

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Mags

Helpline team