Covid after effects

Options
Moyra611
Moyra611 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Rheumatoid arthritis and covid. Anyone else found non of their usual medication (methotrexate 20mg injection weekly. tramadol naproxen pain relief when in flare) is having any effect in relieving pain after suffering with covid? Due to see rheumatologist next week. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

Comments

• Hi @Moyra611

Welcome to the online community and thank you for your interesting post! I luckily haven't had any Covid at all so not sure what the effects would be on your medication.

Here is a link to Covid-19 updates which include information about medication:

I know that general updates have changed, however advice on medication might remain the same. Some of our lovely members may have some experience in this and might be able to contribute, but in the meantime please do keep talking and let us know if there is anything else that we can help with!

Take care,

Sarah

• Bellelainey
    Options

Hi @Moyra611

I've just signed up on here to find out the same thing. I've had a look at the above link but there's nothing relevant. Did you speak to your rheumatologist? Is there a connection? I had covid 4 weeks ago and I'm now in so much pain with my rheumatoid arthritis. It is so distressing. I hope you're feeling better.

Kind regards

Elaine

• trickynicky
    Options

I have Covid now. In the week running up to my positive tests, my arthritis steadily got worse until I was screaming in pain. I had to go to a and e as I was in agony ALL over my body. Any slight movement caused massive pain. I’ve now been on morphine for 4 days and it is easing. My joints are all still painful though, to touch, to move and to bear weight. Was anyone else like that?

• MChristina
    Options

Hello trickynicky,

I didn't have to test covid positive to have exactly what you describe. Massive pain. I hadn't been diagnosed by then... I was terrified! it took weeks before I felt better... it does feels better.

I haven't find the right treatment for me yet and today I tested covid positive! I am so scared to go back to that painful flare!!

Did you have to treat covid with anything special? Did you have to stop medication?

Please let me know

mc