Hip pain

Options
Suzyp
Suzyp Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello I'm new to this post I hav recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my hip, I still work part time but my job is physical and sometimes at the end of my day my pain is very strong I take naproxen but that really doesn't help that much I would welcome any helpful suggestions as t what would help .

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Suzyp

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us. I hope that you will find this a safe and friendly space for you to continue posting.

So you have recently been diagnosed with arthritis in your hip. You have a part time job which is quite physical and are finding that sometimes at the end of your day your pain is very strong. You are on Naproxen but find it isn't helping with your pain and would really like some advise and suggestions on what would help.

I would say your first port of call will always be your doctor, especially if you are finding that the medication isn't doing enough for you. It may mean that you need additional painkillers which the doctor can most certainly provide you with. Were you diagnosed with a particular type of arthritis?

I'm sure the community members will have plenty of suggestions for you but I have also included a couple of attachments below to information from the main Versus Arthritis website that I think may be of use to you.

I hope they are of help to you. Please do keep us posted on how you are getting on and feel free to join in on other conversations that are going on. We are always looking to make new friends here.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)