Hi I'm new here.

Options
Meachy
Meachy Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi all thanks for letting me sign up. I have had bother with shoulder and bicep for months. Just getting worse. Trying to get a gp appt is a nightmare as they want to do everything by phone. I can feel my shoulder crunching and clicking. I take co-codamol for pain. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Meachy

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us. I hope that you will find this to be a supportive and friendly place to share more with us.

So you think that you have arthritis in your shoulder and have also been having problems with your bicep. Both have been problematic for you for months. You can feel your shoulder crunching and clicking, and have been taking co-codamol for the pain. You have not been able to get a face to face appointment with your G.P so have not had diagnosis confirmed.

I know a lot of people have been having similar trouble to yourself with regards to getting to see a doctor in person. I would be inclined to ring them regularly until I got a face to face appointment explaining that the pain was unbearable. You do really need to be seen by someone in order to get the right diagnosis.

In the meantime, I've attached some information below that may be of help to you in the interim. I'm such other members of the community will have their own suggestions for you also.

Please do keep us updated on how you are getting on and do feel free to join in on other conversations that are going on.

Take care

Anne (moderator)