Occupational Therapist

Options

Can anyone help? I live in Swansea and trying to find an OT, and what is the process. I have lumber spondolosis and Arthritis in both my hips. The left hip is very painful. I need help with items at my home.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hello @lisasweets1234 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have lumber spondylosis and arthritis in your hips and looking for an OT in your area. We do have local support groups who might be able to help, see the link below

In the meantime do have a look at our website which contains a lot of useful information, for example,

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their experiences and support as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

You can self-refer for an OT by looking up your local council's website, finding Adult Social Care and contacting them. The only problem is they tend to have long waiting lists. If you need more immediate help there are lots of disability stores online and some basic items are not very expensive.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lisasweets1234
    Options

Thank you. I will have a look and see what I can find. I find it difficult to get an appointment with my GP.

Lisa

• lisasweets1234
    Options

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

Good luck! You don't need a GP for this.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright