Hi I'm a new comer

Options
Kathj
Kathj Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Been told I've arthritis but I didn't think it affected so many places at once. I have pain in feet ankles knees hips and thumbs. Just had to give my driving job up due to pain but every doctor or consultant has just said learn to live with it and at that it's taken me 6 years and changing doctors to get to this stage.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 896
    Options

Hello @Kathj and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have arthritis in a lot of your joints and are looking for advice. Our website has a lot of useful information that might be of help. I've put a couple of links below which may be of interest.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you and share their thoughts and experiences as well

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stacey1977
    stacey1977 Member Posts: 36
    Options

Hi welcome to the community

I find this an helpful site to be on when you want to talk to people with arthritis especially when you I dont know anyone with arthritis in my family or friends

• Poll8800
    Poll8800 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hello. I have also just been diagnosed ..I have pain in shoulder, hip and knee..all left side. Had exray for shoulder and waiting for results. and given pain killers. its gets you down , I am always so tired and the pain lowers my mood . So I am pleased to be able to have a chat with others ..we can help each other to stay upbeat and keep going . I do find walking helps ..and I do a few reaching exersices in the mornings. I am 70 and otherwise healthy. This has knocked me for six. I guess age has caught up with me. bye for now

• Poll8800
    Poll8800 Member Posts: 5
    Options

😎🌷Hello. I have also just been diagnosed ..I have pain in shoulder, hip and knee..all left side. Had exray for shoulder and waiting for results. and given pain killers. its gets you down , I am always so tired and the pain lowers my mood . So I am pleased to be able to have a chat with others ..we can help each other to stay upbeat and keep going . I do find walking helps ..and I do a few reaching exersices in the mornings. I am 70 and otherwise healthy. This has knocked me for six. I guess age has caught up with me. bye for now