Managing daily life

Options

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing OK?

I've had RA for about 10 years, but it's been a total pain in the bum these past few years. My rheumatology team are great and do as much as they can medication wise etc but I feel like managing daily life such as going to work, house work, looking after myself has become quite a struggle and am looking for any tips on how people cope with the day to day?

Unfortunately I can't afford to work less hours but I do work from home a few days a week which helps, but I find it so difficult keeping on top of things at home and generally looking after myself (showing enough, eating healthy etc) as I'm just so exhausted all the time.

Any advise on how others cope with the day to day would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amy x

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @AmyAcorn

I saw that you were talking about kitchen items on another discussion and then came across this post asking for tips and advice for coping day to day.

There is a great page on the web site that covers just this subject, including looking for products and ideas for helping in different rooms around the house:

Do let us know what works and what's been the best adaptation you have made: we will likely be talking a bit more about this subject later in the summer.

• AmyAcorn
    AmyAcorn Member Posts: 29
    Options

Thanks Brynmor, that's actually really helpful and had some really good tips and ideas of how to make life easier.

The best thing I've purchased so for I a shower seat. I find I get so exhausted taking a show and having the seat means I can just rest a bit more and it takes the pressure off of my hips, knees and feet.

My mum has started to help me with housework on the weekends too which has been a massive help, even though it took me a while to get over my stubbornness and actually let her help lol