Flare ups

Options
Puppylove
Puppylove Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

I've had RA for around 4 yrs on different kinds of meds started on methotrexate injection a year ago along with hydroxy chlorine these together have been working great for me. 4 weeks ago I forgot to go for blood test they stopped my injection I then went for blood test and they started to give me my methotrexate injection again . I had gone without it for 3 weeks my own fault as forgetting the blood test I have been having a flare up because it's been missed for 3 weeks even though back on it now do you no of how long this flare up my last taking paracetamol and ibruphoem only helping a bit x

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Puppylove

Welcome to the Online Community, it's great to have you here.

You have had RA for 4 years but it was controlled well with methotrexate injections. Then you forgot to get your blood test so the injections were stopped. Now you are back on track but have an increase in symptoms because of the gap of 3 weeks.

What a hard way to learn a lesson. I expect you won't ever forget a blood test again. But very sad that you are now having a flare of symptoms. Unfortunately flares don't ever come with a list of instructions or a length of time attached but I can hope that it won't be too long until your symptoms are controlled again.

Do have a look around the community and please post where you can, if only to make sure no-one else makes the mistake you did 😉

Take care

Yvonne x