Knee and hip arthritis

Hi all, my name is Janet and I have been living with arthritis of the knee for over 20 years, but recently it has spread to my hips making it difficult to exercise other than walk, which I do everyday using my pedometer

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @Jbro

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us. I hope that you find this a helpful and friendly space where you can continue to share with us all.

So you've had arthritis for the last 20 years in your knee but it has now spread to your hips which is making it difficult to exercise. You walk everyday and use a pedometer.

Exercise is obviously such a good thing for us all to do, but can be extremely difficult when suffering with joint problems. You do well to go out everyday to walk regularly as I know that isn't always easy to do.

I've found a couple of links below that may be of interest to you regarding exercise, why its so important and what types you should do.

Also, if you take a look at the main Versus Arthritis website and search for Lets Move, you may be interested in the exercise program that can be done from home and suits all types of peoples ability and mobility.

Please do let us know how you are getting on and do feel free to join in on any conversations that are going on that are of interest to you.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)