Seeking advice

Options
Chardy
Chardy Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Chardy

Hi I'm new here

I am seeking advice about really painful swellings mainly my hands and feet I am prescribed ibuprofen but worry about the effects as I have been taking them for years.

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis many years ago but been waiting to see rheumatology since last July as my gp thinks I have rheumatoid arthritis too, any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @Chardy and welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

I see that you have had OA for some time and possibly RA as well. You experience painful swelling in your hands and feet and are worried about the long-term side effects of taking ibuprofen. 

Well you’ve definitely come to the right place, I’m sure that other forum members will be able to offer you their thoughts and advice based upon their own, similar experiences. 

If you’re not aware of our website you may find this articles useful: 

I hope that you find joining the forum a rewarding experience and hope that your rheumatology appointment becomes available very soon. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Chardy
    Chardy Member Posts: 3
    Options

My swellings are flaring up everywhere although I don't have rheumatoid arthiritis now saying gout?

Anyone have this?