Multiple areas with Arthritus

Options
Nic_1969
Nic_1969 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi

I have been suffering with arthritis since my middle 30's, especially in my right knee which can be very painful and constantly swollen. My consultant reccomended Methotrexate, which I took for nearly 2 years. This medication did nothing for me! Does anyone know what medication actually works?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @Nic_1969  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

You have been suffering with arthritis in your right knee for some time and your medication has not provided any relief. You’d like to hear from any forum members who can offer advice as to alternative medication. 

My initial thought is that if Methotrexate hasn’t worked for you then you should contact your consultant and ask for their advice as to alternatives. 

Here’s a link to our website that may provide some useful information:

In addition, if you enter ‘Methotrexate’ in the search bar of the forum website or scan recent discussions you may find some relevant discussions to join in on. 

I’m sure that there will be forum members who can offer you the benefit of their experience with Methotrexate and alternatives which I hope will help. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm