OA OF KNEE

Options
raphacondor
raphacondor Member Posts: 21
edited 5. Mar 2022, 16:18 in Chat to our Helpline Team

The intensive pain for 5 months feels like a trapped nerve or even a fracture. Can a xray be wrong or is the pain level common. I'm due for a MRI soon, 3weeks no mobility at all. Knee permanently swollen.

Just fed up, no sure of actual cause.

Comments

• raphacondor
    Options

The intensive pain for 5 months feels like a trapped nerve or even a fracture. Can a xray be wrong or is the pain level common. I'm due for a MRI soon, 3weeks no mobility at all. Knee permanently swollen.

Just fed up, no sure of actual cause.

• raphacondor
    Options

Having co-dodamol /codeine painkillers.

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi@raphacondor

Thanks for your post to the Helpline. I'm sorry to hear your knee is so painful and it's obviously worrying you. If you've been examined by a health professional and they've diagnosed the knee, then it may well be that your knee is very swollen and inflamed. Osteoarthritis can be very painful.

If you feel you need some reassurance, or a second opinion then you might consider talking to a GP or consulting a physiotherapist.

If your weight is not well controlled, consider improving your healthy eating to lose weight. Keeping moving is also really helpful - you may need to discuss with physiotherapist ways to keep active. Movement in a swimming pool is a very safe place to exercise if weight bearing is painful.

Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee | Knee pain | Versus Arthritis

Why not ring us for a chat? 08005205200 Mon-Fri 9am-6pm.