Abatacept ,jaw pain.

Hi, I'm on Abatacept which is my 5th biologic. I've been on it for 6 weeks now and the pain in my legs is so much worse. I've been diagnosed with RA and Psoriatic arthritis of the legs. I'm also taking 15mg of methotrexate.

Recently I've had severe pain in my jaw and wondered if there is a connection? My teeth don't hurt at all.

I'm taking 90mg (daily) of etoricoxib and 60mg cocodamol (4 times daily) to help with the leg pain but sometimes it doesn't touch it.

Has anyone else similar experiences and jaw pain too? How do people cope with the leg pain? It's not just my joints, it's the whole of my legs from thigh to toes. It's just so debilitating and I need walking sticks now just to go the bathroom. Not a great condition to have when you're a nursery teacher!

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Billymeg123

Thank you for your posting on the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have severe pain in your jaw and the pain in your legs is so much worse since you have been on Abatacept for your RA and Psoriatic arthritis. I have put a link below to our information about Abatacept that does include side effects however, if you are concerned about any new potential side effect or symptoms you should talk to the healthcare team in charge of your care so that they can advise. I see that you are also taking medication for the pain you are in but sometimes it isn’t helping and it may be helpful to talk to your healthcare team also about your pain relief.

Abatecept

I hope this information is helpful. If you would like to talk things through with one of our Helpline team then please feel free to call us on our helpline number of 0800 5200 520 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm).

Best Wishes

Dawn Smith

Helpline Advisor