Hi I’m new here!

Rusty73
Rusty73 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone, I’ve just been diagnosed with aggressive RA I’m 49 and was fit and healthy until my covid vaccine back in June 2021, two days later I woke up and couldn’t move my fingers into a fist and was is pain, 9 months later my fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, feet, knees and neck are painful and swollen everyday 😢I’m still taking steroids naproxen and not getting the relief I need, I’ve been told I will soon be taking methotrexate and suphasalazine too but I’m still unsure what’s going on, my wife does not understand!

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 948

Hello @Rusty73 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and among people who do understand what you are going through.

I understand that you have painful and swollen joints and are on steroids and naproxen. Can I suggest having a look through the following article on our website as it may contain information to help you

within it there are also links to, for example, methotrexate so you can find out more about possible treatments.

These are for information as it is the medical profession who will know what is best for you. In the meantime please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm