Reactive Arthritis

Options
pinklady79
pinklady79 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

I have this in my knees; if l get any sort of infection, ; ie urine infection, chest infection, my legs and knees swell up and its very hard to keep moving. I cannot keep any shoes or slippers on. Very debilitating.

My GP is very good; he gave me Steroid injections which helped at first (the injections are very painful). but the Steroids don't help now. I use Voltarol which helps a bit but you have to rub it in quite vigorously.

I don't know anyone who has this Reactive Arthritis.😎

Comments

• Hello @pinklady79, welcome to the online community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see you are living with reactive arthritis in your knees, and that you are finding steroid injections aren't as effective any more. Have you talked to your GP about this as he seems very helpful and might be able to offer an alternative or adjust the dosage?

Here's a link with info all about reactive arthritis including tips for managing your symptoms:

You've come to the right place to meet other people with your condition so do keep popping back in to chat.

Best wishes, Sarah (moderator)

• pinklady79
    Options

I didn't know an ice pack might help; 😀

• Giro
    Giro Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hello!

I was just perusing the posts here about ReA and came across yours... How are you holding up?

I have been dealing with ReA since August and it completey turned my life upside down. I also had extreme inflammation in my knees , and feet, some in my hips and wrists/fingers as well. After trying many medications I am now on a combination of naproxen and sulfasalazine which have finally started to improve things a lot.I have seen many Drs and done quite a bit of reserch so please feel free to reach out if you are still dealing with this. :)