Hello 👋

Options
DianeFC
DianeFC Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone. I was shocked recently to be told I have stage 4 in one and stage 5 arthritis in the other jaw joint needing an operation. Hoping to get support and info.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @DianeFC

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you were recently told that you have stage 4 and 5 in your jaw joints and were shocked to learn that needs an operation.

Its completely understandable the way that you do when given news like that but you have come to the right place if you are looking for support and information. We are a friendly bunch and are always looking to make new friends.

Ive included some information below that I think may be of use to you as well as the helpline details since your particular condition isn't easy to find information on.

Please do let us know how you are getting on and do continue to stay involved by posting on existing conversations or start your own.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• DianeFC
    DianeFC Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks so much Anne. I don't even know which type of arthritis I have. All letters and conversations just state arthritis. I had my keyhole TMJ surgery on the 1st Feb 22 to inject plasma into both joints and reposition the disk on the rhs. My 6 week check due last week was cancelled at the last minute by text and rescheduled for another 2 months away. So I've decided to try to progress from the awful soft diet to something more normal and hope it's not a wrong move. It has left me wondering if I might be at risk of my arthritis developing elsewhere as the Consultant said they have no idea how or why this happened. I'd had no injury or trauma to my jaw but do wake up clenching it during the night. I am 58 years old and otherwise fit. Anyone else had similar experiences?