Swollen fingers and joint pain - mystery
All my fingers have been swollen for over 2.5 months, they won't bend and are painful at the base. Each week it gets worse - wrist pain, forearm/elbow tendon pain, shoulder joints, hips ache when sleeping on side, now pain at random finger joints. 2 years of this now.
Rheumatologist Blood tests all clear. US scan today - no active synovitis found. Sonographer so apologogetic, says Rheumatologist needs to investigate in depth - but I might actually get discharged back to GP.
Any clues? What should be my next move? I can't wait around for an NHS appointment that might never come.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe