Handy Help please

Options

I am having a great deal of pain in my fingers & hand, particularly the left hand [i am right handed]

In the middle finger the pain can be excruciating & I often wake up with that finger totally bent & this week it was so bad trying to unbend it I thought it was forever stuck.The 'pads at the finger base in my palm also get very sore & swollen, I wear a special fingerless glove often at night & sometimes during the day if I need it. I also apply an arnica cream which can help. I have had both hands X rayed & when I asked for the result they said 'abnormal but expected, no action needed' Has anyone any suggestions

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 887
    Options

Hello @jennyspen and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have problems with your fingers and hand and are looking for help on this. Our website has a lot of useful information and is a good place to start, to help I've put a couple of links in below.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure others will connect with you to share their experiences and support as well

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jennyspen
    jennyspen Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you Peter. I shall look into this. The strange thing about the really bad finger is that has no bumps & the 'pads' at the bottom of the fingers, in my palm can get swollen & painful too.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options

That type of diagnosis is a slope shoulder one (passing the buck on) and no good to anyone, ask your GP to translate into patient speak.

its a grin, honest!

• AndyT
    AndyT Member Posts: 47
    Options

Sounds nothing like Oestoarthritis to me, and very much like trigger finger - which is tendon and pulley related.

I have had and still have pain at the base of some fingers - my GP referred me for an ultrasound scan and orthopaedic team. An xray won't help for tendon issues.

So get your GP to get you seen for trigger finger properly, there are a range of potential treatments if that is the problem.