Hi

Persephone777
Persephone777 Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

New to site. I've talked to Doc about osteoarthritis, but no idea if that counts as diagnosed or not - and can't fill in surgery form after 10am. Groan.

Another day - I'll be back...

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883

Hello @Persephone777 and welcome to the community - good to have you here.

I understand that you are not sure if you have osteoarthritis or not. Obviously it is your GP or consultant who can give a definitive answer to this so I guess you you will need to wait, but in the meantime if you would like to find out more about it can I suggest having a look at our website? It contains a lot of useful information and I would recommend trying the search as well. You do not say how you think it is affecting you, e.g. knees, hands hips etc. as we have pages specific to joints as well as Hints and Tips and so on. I've put a couple of links in below which may be of interest.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I hope that you can get to see your GP soon.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Thanks, Peter,

I had already discussed with Physio, after doc referred, but I will ask at next appointment if they get on with diagnosis. It's pretty obvs. that's what I've got, and it's the age-related form. I've read plenty on NHS website.

So now I'm browsing around here, because there look to be plenty of tips.