Diagnosis

I was diagnosed about a year ago during a consult with gp , I was under hand clinic until I changed my phone number and with home move forgot to update they never returned my call after that ...last few days have been unbearable left forearm and both hands , I can take pain but not like this , I also have fibro and heart issues plus other things I don't know what to do for the best I can't take painkillers they just make me feel so sick even taking 1/4 of one at desperate times 😢

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Hi @Cazfb02

Nice to meet you. How awful not to be able to take anything for your pain. I presume paracetamol is ok for you? I think you are talking stronger stuff? I used to be the same, but now I think I have developed a tolerance. I started out only able to take them at bedtime as they made me so queasy, but now can take as and when I need them.

I remember some old members (this is going back and they weren't old!) used to swear by wax baths for their hands. Not sure whether they bought them or it was even at a hand clinic. Have you tried a warm wheatbag the kind you microwave? I use mine all the time for various parts of me and have several.

Have you asked your GP to refer you back to the hand clinic?

take care

Toni xx