What to expect 🤔???

Options
cheekychops
cheekychops Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Good afternoon,

Many thanks in advance but looking for some advice from the group. I'm aged 56 I've got quite early and severe OA. I have had both my hips replaced at 46 and 48, I've had arthrodesis to my left middle finger and I'm waiting surgery for arthrodesis to right middle finger. I'm awaiting surgery for a left partial knee replacement. I've got hypomobility to my cervical, lumbar and thoracic spine and arthritis to my acromioclavicular joint causing a frozen left shoulder.

I had COVID-19 in Oct 2020 and since then had intermiitent but often severe pain in my feet. Sadly I wasn't able get to see a GP during the pandemic. However, my feet are now showing many signs of RA and my GP is taking notice.

I'm awaiting results of a full gambit of rheumatology bloods, and also a podiatrist examination of my feet to determine a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.

Can anyone advise me what the next stage might be? I'm already taking slow release and immediate release morphine and naproxen for pain from OA so wondered what a plan might involve?

I've got a close family link to RA; both my late maternal grandmother and my dad suffered RA. Sadly my dad passed away New Year's Eve and 'systematic rheumatoid arthritis' was listed on his Death Certificate as a contributing factor to his death as he suffered pulmonary fibrosis.

Many thanks 😊 and my apologies for the long post.

Michelle x