Hi New diagnosis

Options
PamelaV
PamelaV Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Morning. I've just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the hips, but this also makes sense of pains I get elsewhere too. I look forward to sharing experiences with others, particularly on staving off hip replacements - although I gather waiting lists are so long at the moment I might be change my thoughts on that!

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 991
    Options

Hello @PamelaV and welcome to the online community,

When you receive a diagnosis, as you have recently for osteoarthritis in the hips, it often makes sense of pains elsewhere in your body. Joining the online community is a good start to learning more about your condition and ways you can learn to deal with it. All our members live with arthritis and are happy to share their experiences and suggestions.

Do have a browse round the different forums - you'll find lots of posts about osteoarthritis of the hips that you can read, or join in the conversation if you feel comfortable. I've linked to one below:

If you want to find out more about hip arthritis, including self help measures to manage your pain ( the exercises are very useful), have a look at the page below from the Versus Arthritis website:

Do let us know how you're getting on,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm