Newly diagnosed!

Options
Joy66
Joy66 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello, I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with severe osteoarthritis in my knee. I’m looking for advice on how to cope with my swollen leg and knee pain please😊

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Hello @Joy66 and welcome to the online community,

You've just been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in your knee and are looking for advice on how to cope with your swollen leg and knee pain. Well you've certainly come to the right place for help. Our community is made up of people who have all experienced arthritis in their lives. If you type 'knee pain' into the search bar (top right hand corner) you'll find lots of posts from people who share how they manage their condition.

You might be interested in having a look at the links below from the Versus Arthritis website. They discuss knee pain and what you to help manage it, plus there's a series of gentle exercises that help deal with the pain and also help to keep your knee mobile:

Please do have a look round the forum; post any questions you may have, and join in wherever you feel comfortable - you'll find everyone is very friendly!

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm