asthma and arthritis

Options

Having osteoarthritis diagnosed throughout my body the current problems I am having are in the 3 discs compromised in my neck and I'm currently sleeping on a memory pillow with the head indented, this is helping. However I have asthma and sleeping flat is problematic. Any ideas please on how to solve this painful dilemma?

Thanks in anticipation

J 😊

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 30. Mar 2022, 10:13
    Options

Hello @JAF35 Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

You are rather between the devil and the deep blue sea there aren't you?

Unless you have a bed which can raise electronically the only suggestion I can make is for the head end of the bed to be raised. Of course this could impact of the efficacy of the neck pillow I don't know. I do know it is possible to get your bed raised properly, but I'm not sure so maybe contacting your local council for advice might be an idea? I am thinking of any safety issues here.

Possibly asking for a referral via your GP to a physiotherapist or Occupational therapist for advice might also be an option. You cannot be the only person to have this issue.

I am sorry I don't have any real advice to give you and hope one of our members might have been in a similar position to you.

While you are here though I do hope you'll have a look around and join in anywhere you feel comfortable.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Hi @JAF35

I have a not dissimilar problem I have one of those pillows and really bad reflux I need the head of my bed raised but my back and neck aligned.

I tried some elephants feet bed blocks at the head end and my back was so cross🙄 I tried for about 5 nights and gave up.

I am thinking maybe of saving for a self raising bed because I could just raise it a bit. I have also from time to time (when I have had to eat far too late which makes reflux awful) added a pillow underneath my other pillow sideways down to about my mid back.

Best of luck and if you find a solution please share!

take care

Toni x