Osteoarthritis of the shoulder

Options

Hi I was diagnosed 2 years ago, I have so far managed with the trial and error coping mechanism. The OA affects my sleep, my ability to do certain things, like others on here, I find one of the hardest things has been admitting there are things I cannot do that I did previously. I am a very independant person.

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

Greetings and welcome to the forum, @Redd . I understand that you were given a diagnosis of arthritis in your shoulder some 2 years ago. You have been coping as best you can, but many on the forum will understand how this can be very wearing and dispiriting. I have always tried not to regret the things I can longer do, but rejoice in what new activities I can find.

Here are some links to information on our website, some specific to your condition and others more general.

Good luck. Post again and let us know how you get on.

Tom, Moderator.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Tom. Thank you for the links, they are really helpful and specific to my shoulder probs. Will give them all a try, I have been through a range of emotions since diagnosis, definately in denial at the beginning. It is good knowing there is help and support available. Other eople who understand and experience how you feel etc, on a day to day basis, i found the piece on fatigue very relevant, I have it at times but did not realise its relevance to what I have and why I have been feeling like that at times. Thank you for this great forum.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,470
    Options

Hi @Redd

Shoulder pain is so tricky especially in bed! Mine both play me up quite a bit at times, although they usually settle back down, but my daughter had to have hers replaced. She was 19 at the time and really struggled, her arm barely allowed her armpits to be washed in spite of this she worked nights pulling pints! Now she has full range of movement back and all is well.

I do hope your shoulder lasts you a good bit longer as you say with lifestyle modifications.

Take care

Toni x