New here

Options
Tesskess
Tesskess Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi craig here ,diagnosed with arthritis of knee plus had key hole surgery on knee ,operation went well but pain from arthritis is horrendous and limping badly for over a year now ,does the pain ever ease ,any info appreciated cheers craig

Tagged:

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi Craig (@Tesskess )

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to the online Community. I understand from your post that you have Arthritis in your knee and although you have had keyhole surgery on that knee you are still in a great deal of pain and are limping badly too.

While you're waiting to hear from our members I hope this might give you some ideas:

I wondered too whether you have seen a physiotherapist to look at your gait and maybe offer some suggestions. In many areas you can self refer nowadays:

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Hi @Tesskess

Nice to meet you to the forum. There are things you can do to help with your pain like I use a warm microwavable wheatbag on my joints some of us use topical anti-inflammatory gels as well. Some people use knee supports or braces others use walking sticks and I even know of some people who have changed their footwear and it's really helped with pain in their joints.

I also wondered if you'd had physio, but presumed you have had some. I also presume you take some pain medication for your knee?

Trial and error is the only answer Craig. Hopefully someone else will have some better ideas than me.

Take care

Toni x

• Tesskess
    Tesskess Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Toni

yip tried and still trying all of the above ,am a very keen sportsman and exercised all my life and love the outdoors adventures so quite a struggle to get my head round the impact on all this ,but got to adjust and keep hobbling forward 😬😂

thanks for your time and advice

craig

• Carole1958
    Carole1958 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi , Carole here. Just been told I have R.A. in my fingers and wrists. I cannot take NSAID as I am on blood thinners.

Is there anything else I can take to reduce the swelling?

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @Carole1958,

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

I note that you have recently been diagnosed with RA and would like to receive any advice on how to reduce the associated swelling.

I hope you receive some useful feedback from forum members.

This link, in case you haven't already visited our website, contains comprehensive information on RA which you may find useful:

Best wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm