First few weeks after hip replacement
Well I've finally had a total hip replacement 2 years 2 months after going on waiting list.
Had it on Saturday, home on day 2.
Feel like I've been run over, I know what's involved and expected pain but really aching. Taking cocodamol only for pain, constipation was grim after oxycodone in hospital but think I'm on top of that with senna and lactulose.
Walking round house on frame and crutches. I am aware that awful arthritis pain has gone but surgical pain, bruising and thigh pain is grim. Leg length has been corrected, had got shorter before surgery.
When did people start to feel more like themselves again?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 676 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 258 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 335 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 270 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe