First few weeks after hip replacement
Well I've finally had a total hip replacement 2 years 2 months after going on waiting list.
Had it on Saturday, home on day 2.
Feel like I've been run over, I know what's involved and expected pain but really aching. Taking cocodamol only for pain, constipation was grim after oxycodone in hospital but think I'm on top of that with senna and lactulose.
Walking round house on frame and crutches. I am aware that awful arthritis pain has gone but surgical pain, bruising and thigh pain is grim. Leg length has been corrected, had got shorter before surgery.
When did people start to feel more like themselves again?
- 7.1K All Categories
- 151 Welcome
- 3.2K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 13 Feedback and ideas
- 38.6K Our Community
- 2.5K Living with arthritis
- 102 Let's Move
- 158 Work and financial support
- 528 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 233 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 22 My Triumphs
- 349 Young people's community
- 473 Chat and News
- 19 Val's Cafe
- 217 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 3 Tails From The Cafe