Diagnosed today with Osteoarthritis and hypermobility

Options
Emi_Lou
Emi_Lou Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi All

I’m 39 years old and used to run 10k races. I received diagnoses of Hypermobility, Early Osteoarthritis and Trochanteric Bursitis in both hips. I have pain in my hips, fingers & thumbs, toes, ankles and other joints occasionally. I’m still processing my diagnoses so I’m reeling a little. One of the biggest questions in my mind is can my husband and I start a family. Is there anyone on hear at similar age who received a diagnosis and has had children since? If so how are you managing?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 1,025
    Options

Hi @Emi_Lou and welcome to the online community,

I can understand how you must be feeling to receive diagnoses of Hypermobility, Early Osteoarthritis and Trochanteric Bursitis in both hips - that’s such a lot to take in. You’ve come to the right place though - everyone here has experienced arthritis in their lives, and you’ll find members supportive and helpful.

You are wondering about whether you can start a family. Others on here may share their stories with you, and while you’re waiting, you might like to read the Versus Arthritis information page on pregnancy and arthritis:

Here’s the inspiring personal story from Hannah that you also might like to read:

Do take a look round the forum and ask any questions you may have,

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm