Lunalou
Lunalou Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi, my fist post, I'm getting referred for a wheelchair, my feet are really bad now to the point that I can't walk far at all, I have rheumatoid but also osteoporosis in my spine and have several fractured vertibrae in my spine so can't stand for long either, I'm having a bit of a down in the dumps time, I'm usually a really optimistic person but crafting is usually my happy place but my hands have developed tremors so I can't even do that at the moment, any ideas anykne, on what could help?

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,075
    edited 19. Apr 2022, 15:00

Hi @Lunalou

Welcome to the Online Community, it's great to have you here. You sound like you have had rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for a while and the osteoporosis has been affecting your spine so much that you now need a wheelchair. I can understand that that is one more loss for you, and how could you not feel a bit overwhelmed by it all?

Perhaps also this distress and upset is what is causing your hand tremor too? Now is the time to ask yourself what you would say to a friend who was in your position? I would ask her to be nice to herself, get a favourite drink settle down where she was comfy and watch a favourite film on TV, or read a book, I've got into Kindle now because sometimes my wrists don't work well and that is great as are the games I have there. Maybe ask a friend round - ask them to pick up some lunch on the way? and spend a happy hour talking.

I also go and have a read in 2 areas of the community. Living with arthritis has lots of stories of how members - all with arthritis - are getting on, are there any tips for me? Surely yes. Then I go to the discussion called Levity lots of gentle humour generally about cats winning the day!

Take care

Yvonne x