Newbie here and having trouble

Options
ejane55
ejane55 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone, I’m 67 yrs old and have suffered with OA, RA , Spinal stenosis and Bursitis since I was 40. At the age of 48 I had both hips replaced. The problem I am having lately is , I used to get Disability Living Allowance at the higher rate and mobility allowance plus Disabled badge. Then as we know, everything changed, I was changed over to PIP, mobility allowance was taken away from me and now the powers that be have now taken my blue badge off me. I’m completely lost without this badge . I have been to court and went jumped through every hoop they threw at me but to no avail. They said I was fit and able to walk. No matter how many letters my Drs wrote for me the powers that be knew more.

I have just recieved my old age pension and can just about afford to run my car but taking my disabled badge from me is committing me to be housebound.

I’ve managed to get hold of somebody in PIP department but all they say is write a letter to us as we are running late with our assessments due to COVID.

im so fed up of trying to fight my corner with DHSS , that many days I wish I just wasn’t here anymore. It’s too much coping with the incessant pain and fighting the government to get what help I can.

Has anyone any ideas what I can do next? I only have my pension to live on as since 2011 I’m widowed and finding it really difficult to cope financially.

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @ejane55

My heart goes out to you, I'm so glad you have come here, at the very least you will know you are not on your own. I think this site will be helpful to you

To find someone who can help you in your area type your post code into this site and they will see who is available near you

I do hope you can get hold of someone there to help you in the situation you are in.

Do keep checking in here, we will be able to support you through chat and companionship, remember most of us have been somewhere near where you are in our own situations,

Take care

Yvonne x