Pain top of leg/thigh into groin

Options

I have been in such pain cannot lift foot more than an inch off the ground without excruciating pain... GP doesn't know..had hip xray & ok..I will waken when muscles go into spasm & yell involuntarily in pain. Does anyone else have this. Physio is at a loss too. I wondered if it was a torn nerve as I've had surgery for 3meniscus tears and had a torn ligament in my foot....are these all to do with my arthritis?

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @Polyanna

Thank you for posting on the forum

I am so sorry to hear about the pain your experiencing, and with the GP and physio at a loss that doesn’t sound helpful for you.  We are not medically trained so I’m unsure if this would be due to a torn nerve due to surgery or not and whether it is to do with your arthritis.

If your GP is part of a group practice, could you see a different GP who might be able to advise, and you could ask for an MRI so that any soft tissue damage could be looked at. For the experiences of others if you repost on the living with arthritis forum you should have more responses.

If you would like to talk to us on our helpline: 0800 5200 520 (weekdays 9am-6pm) you are very welcome to call, here we can take our time to talk in a confidential and informal space.

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline Team