Osteoarthritis

Options

Osteoarthritis fibromyalgia I’ve just been diagnose, by my rheumatologist, so have few pills to take when send over to GP I’ve been waiting long time in pain due to pandemic for appointment at give up work has in so much pain all over my body, at moment I have hot water bottle and heated blanket just to soothe my pain, money not good on £300 odd money month, I’ve got universal credit form fill in by may LCWRA form has sent sick notes in since December but my rheumatologist said she send evidence in few weeks is ok to take this when have my assessment has I’m not getting any money here thanks

Comments

• Persephone777
    Options

Sorry, I'm new to this. So heat treatment sounds good, and I hope other posts will tell me more. I don't know anything beyond paracetamol, but other posts may suggest something for you.

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @Tina1973

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but there are some benefits you could look into getting. Versus Arthritis has some information which may be helpful below. Universal Credit should give you more than £300 a month as it also includes housing benefit etc. Do make sure you mention that you are ill and may not be fit for work when you apply for it. Universal Credit does not include council tax support - you need to apply for that separately from your local council. You can also apply for PIP for help with daily costs of having a chronic condition.

There is also some advice on different ways to cope with pain. I too use heat a lot, so that's a good thing there. Do have a look and see if there is anything you could apply for yourself:

Do let us know how you are doing!

Shell