OA

This time last year xrays showed that i had artritis to both hips with the right being slightly worse. Its highly likely my right knee is arthritic due to the amount of surgery i have had over the years namely acl x2 and a patella rupture. My issue is that of late my elbows and right big toe seem to flare up for a week or so which becomes quite painful to touch or apply pressue to. Is this another sign of OA. Had blood tests recently which came back as no action required

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello @Anaconda and welcome to the online community,

You have arthritis in your hips and possibly your knee due to past surgery, but your present concern is the flare up in your elbows and big toe. This is likely to be a form of arthritis but since we are not medically qualified we would ask that you consult your GP for a diagnosis. I attach some links which may help you with your discussions

We are all being encouraged to exercise to maintain healthy joints and if you have time to look at the Lets Move or Stretching videos on the community you will find them fun as well as helpful in increasing your mobility. I am glad you found us and hope that some members will share their experiences of elbow and toe flare ups and their ways of dealing with them.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.