Looking forward to sharing the journey and some mutual support

Options
Bicyclebryan
Bicyclebryan Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Just seven months ago it had been so long since I had seen my GP I had actually forgotten her name. Now we are best of friends and along with a whole host of other medical professionals they have determined that I have RA.

Prior to this I ran and or cycled every day. I have cycled (as a club cyclist) all my life, hence the user name. In September last year I had the mother of all colds, 4 weeks later I started getting pain in my shoulders and upper arms. Four weeks further on and I had stopped all exercise. It all happened so fast! It has been a difficult period, mainly because of the uncertainty and the dearth of people to talk to about it.

I hope through this forum to share experiences and get a better understanding of what I have gone through and what lies ahead. In particular, I would like to engage with other cyclists and runners and hear of their experiences.

Above all I hope to engage in a mutually supportive environment and build on the hope that we all must have on our respective journies.

Comments