13 years ago I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my hands at the age of 49. In the last 2 years multiple cysts have appeared on my joints, which are sometimes painful and limit the use of 1 joint.
Can anything be done? My doctor really didn’t have much to say and wasn’t interested in seeing me in person. So I privately went to see a rheumatologist, who said they were ganglion cysts, could suggest nothing more than pain killers and said it was normal.
I think have 3 or 4 cysts on my right thumb joint, 2 on the other thumb, 3 or 4 on my right little finger 2nd joint, 1 on the same joint of the other 3 right hand fingers. I also have 1 at the base on my left little finger. So 14 in total and they are increasing in size and number. This really doesn’t seem normal to me, hence my question.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe