Help urgently

Options
Cardoso
Cardoso Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis
Good afternoon!
Hope you are well!
I have rheumatoid arthritis since 2005/2006.
I currently have 2 children.
I've been having a lot of pain, especially in my hands and feet, I can't go to work and I don't have help.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Cardoso

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you were diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis back in 2005/2006. You have been having a lot of pain in your hands and feet. You have 2 children, can't go to work and do not have any help.

Thank you for sharing with us all so openly. I know its not always easy to put yourself out there like you have, especially when you have so much going on and don't know where to turn to for support and help. I understand that it must be very difficult trying to be everything you need to be for your children when you are in a great deal of pain. Now that you are a member here we will do everything we can to support you and because we are always looking to make new friends, there is normally always someone around.

With regards to you pain, are you in touch with your GP or Rheumatologist? There should be something that they can do to help you with this. Have you ever thought of asking to be referred to a pain clinic or even just asking for your medication to be reviewed? This might help to pin point what is working for you, and what isn't so that you can try something else.

When you say that you don't have any help, are you referring to financial or around your home?

I've attached some information for you below that I think would be really useful for you. However, if you feel like you would like to talk to someone, our helpline is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm and can be contacted by calling 0800 5200 520.

I hope these are of help to you and please do let us know how you are getting on. Please do continue to get involved in the community and you may find having a look in our section 'Living with Arthritis' may bring up some conversations that you feel like you can add to or even get advice from.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options

Hi @Cardoso

I am so sorry you are struggling are you a single parent or do you have a partner to help (apologies if this is intrusive) a bit. What age are your children? Mine were quite old when I was diagnosed I think 9/10 and 12 so actually quite useful! Although plenty are diagnosed not long after the birth of a child I know.

What help would be useful to you? Help with the children or round the house or with your pain/mobility?

Do tell us more if you are happy to and we will tell you what we've tried and what has helped us.

Take care

Toni xx