Enbrel to Hyrimoz

Has anyone switched from Enbrel Entercept to Hyrimoz? What is the difference, why were they switched?

Comments

• Hi@Pammi

Thanks for your question to us here at the Helpline. It sounds as though you are being switched from Entanercept (brand name Enbrel) to Adalimumab. This is normally because your previous drug was no longer as effective or you'd developed side-effects.

Adalimumab was originally only available under the brand name Humira. But newer versions of biological therapies are becoming available, so you may be prescribed adalimumab under a different name, such as Amgevita, Hulio, Hyrimoz or Imraldi. These drugs are known as biosimilars and work in a similar way. 

Adalimumab | Side-effects, uses, time to work (versusarthritis.org)

I'm not sure what kind of arthritis you have, so do look up your condition at the link below.

Conditions | Types of arthritis, causes, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

If you really were looking for the experiences of other people with arthritis you may want to post on the forum click on the life with arthritis part of the forum and then click on Living with arthritis and more people will reply to your question there.

If you'd like further information or support, do ring us here on 0800 5200 520 9am-6pm Mon-Fri.

all the best

Guy

• pammi69
    pammi69 Member Posts: 36

HI Guy I have rhematiod arthritus. Do you know which drug out of the two are more expensive? as I feel my drug switching excercise is due to nhs costs?

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 691
    edited 2. May 2022, 13:01

I was told that my biosimilar of Adalimumab - Amgevita - cost about £3,500 a year and that the original biologic Humira was £10,000 a year before they reduced the cost to compete with the biosimilars. I think it'll be hard for you to find an exact costing as there will be commercial confidentiality agreements in contracts. I did find this reference online to a NHS national reference price back in 2019 of £3550 per year.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/reference-prices-for-adalimumab-letter.pdf

• pammi69
    pammi69 Member Posts: 36

thanks Guy, you know anything about Hyrimoz cost pls?

• Hi @pammi69

Thank you again for posting on the forum.

It looks like Hyrimoz is another brand name or biosimilar for adalimumab, so this could be a rough estimate of the price for Hyrimoz, I hope this link will be of some help to you.

Once again as my colleague Guy mentioned you are very welcome to call us on our helpline: 0800 5200 520 (weekdays 9am-6pm)

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline team