Time to talk

Options
Angie_Yoyo
Angie_Yoyo Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I’m 2 years in from my diagnosis and am struggling massively with the physical pain and my mental health. I feel so isolated in this all as it’s so hard trying to explain how it all feels and the tiredness is something else.

I have rheumatoid arthritis and inject methotrexate weekly, and take sulfasalazine every day. I basically a pin cushion!!

I am looking to chat to people who want to make friendships and can understand this whole **** being.

Hope to hear from some of you :)

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @Angie_Yoyo and welcome to the online community,

You have RA and were diagnosed two years ago. You are struggling with both the physical and mental effects as well as the fatigue that accompanies the condition. You want to meet other people on the community who are experiencing similar effects and who have an understanding of how life changing it can be.

Many of us who have different forms of arthritis experience the fatigue that you describe and one of the great things about being a member of the community is that we can share our ways of coping and support each other when we are having good and not so good days. I attach some links which I hope you will find useful

There is also a fun exercise video Lets Move with Leon and many members have enjoyed following both of these programmes as well as the mindfulness suggestions as part of their daily routine. We hope you give them a look and let us know how you get on if you give them a try. I have found a short daily exercise routine boosted my stamina and encouraged me to think more positively so I hope it does the same for you. There are lots of discussions and activities to look at on the community website so I am pleased you felt that it was "Time to Talk".

Why not look at the Life with Arthritis section and join in with some chats.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.