Adalimumab question

Options
Rubikscubeboy
Rubikscubeboy Member Posts: 44
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello. I'm a new member and have just signed up. I will introduce myself properly next time. I just have a quick question I hope someone can advise me on...

I started 40mg Adalimumab injections on Wednesday and the knee on my right leg is really cold to the touch. I noticed this on Wednesday night but thought it might be an initial side effect as I injected into the top of my right thigh and the syringe had only been out of the fridge for a couple of hours. Feel silly mentioning it but my daughter is harassing me to ask someone if this is common.

Thanks

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Hi @Rubikscubeboy and welcome to the online community,

You started Adalimumab injections on Wednesday and you're wondering if the cold you're feeling in your knee is one of the side effects. I've checked on the VA and NHS site, and there's no mention of this being one of the side effects, although this doesn't necessarily mean that it's not so. It's best to mention this to your Healthcare Professional just to be sure and to stop your daughter harassing you!

It's great that you posted your question on the forum - never feel silly about it as this is what the community is here for. Lots of friendly people with experience of living with arthritis ready to support and offer advice.

It will be interesting to hear whether other members have experienced feelings of cold after their injection. Here's a thread about side effects that you might like to read (nothing about coldness though), and I'm also posting a link to the VA page on Adalimumab that you might find helpful:

Do have a look round the forum and join in when you're ready to introduce yourself. You could have a look at the Living with Arthritis forum where members discuss al aspects of their journey with arthritis.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm