Osteoarthritis

Options

This has been going on for years no one from the health team has not contacted me to see how I am getting on there be no reviews or check up contact askmy GP to tell them my osteoarthritis has got worse now been sent for a xray and blood test etc I feel like I wasn't there to support WCA say I am capable of doing work but that's not the case I have problems getting around have to use a walking stick had a operation on my foot recently on my big toe because of my osteoarthritis I have pip but no mobility points on it I had to finish work I. 2020 because my health do I have to tell pip this has changed or wait for the results from my xray and blood test

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello @Eye89 and welcome to the online community,

Your osteoarthritis seems to be getting worse and after talking with your GP you have been referred for x-rays and blood tests. It sounds like you have started to make progress with making your health team aware of the change in your situation. When the results of your tests come through, hopefully you will be able to move forward with your treatment.

I've linked to a page that you might find useful on the VA website. It discusses work and benefits and there's a section on PIP:

It might help to talk to someone about what your going through. Our free phone helplines are available from 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday and they'll be able to give you up to date information and support about work, benefits and related issues. Here's their number:

All our members are friendly and supportive, so do have a look round the forum and join in whenever you feel comfortable. You might like to have a look at the Work and Financial support forum where members discuss their work issues.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Eye89
    Eye89 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I can work got anxiety and depression and high blood pressure not always able to stand or sit gets really painful doctor said I am not fit for work and what with CTS as well waiting to see what's happening from the hospital about this its very painful in my rist not sleeping well because of the pains