Hello - any advice for knee arthritis for 47 year old

Radley23
Radley23 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I been diagnosed recently and told it’s likely I’ll need a full or partial knee replacement however the consultant was very wary and said I need to do thorough research into what I’m letting myself in for. I just had MRI and have second X-ray next week but not sure where to go for research on knee replacements and how best to manage if I don’t have an operation. So many questions and feeling a bit over whelmed. Any advice anyone?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947

Hi @Radley23 and welcome to the online community,

It's understandable that you're feeling a little overwhelmed after being told by your consultant that it's likely that you will need a partial or full knee replacement. They've also suggested that you research what the procedure involves, and you have lots of questions about it all. Well, you've made a good first decision by joining the community - many of our members have had total and partial knee replacements, and there is plenty of discussion about it on the forums. Here's one of the recent threads that you might find useful:

The Versus Arthritis website has also got some usual up to date information about knee replacement surgery and its alternatives. Here's the link - it's a good place to begin your research :

Do have a look round the forums and join in conversations whenever you feel comfortable or post any questions you have. You might find some more useful tips and posts from members in the Life with Arthritis forum.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm