Choosing a medication

Options

Hi all,

im currently on methotrexate and have been since august. It makes me quite I’ll and I really want to be off of it, but to be honest I don’t think I can handle any medicine long term. Mentally I am not doing very well and I think that’s a big part of it. The pills make me feel like I’m gonna through up but the injections make my belly hurt. Is anyone on anything that makes them feel okay. I don’t even know what to do I don’t want to take anything but I don’t know how to explain how I feel to others, like my doctor.

thanks

Comments

• Hi @charlottexmaths

I'm sorry to hear that you're unsure about your medication at the minute- methotrexate can be tough for a lot of people, I had a bad time with it myself. There are so many options out there and this is your body so it is up to you to decide what you do and do not feel comfortable with. I would honestly just speak to your current professionals, telling them exactly what you've just said here and they will be able to help you figure out something that works for you. It often takes a few different trials to find the right medication. If you feel uncomfortable speaking to your doctors, could you show them your post or write it down instead?

The link about is just some information about the medication you are currently taking, I'm not sure if this just might help you to understand more or to make other choices? Also, there is another link below which just mentions some tips for managing pain in general:

I hope that you manage to get sorted with something that you feel more comfortable with taking soon. Keep using the community, and joining in where you feel happy to.

Take care,

Sarah