Hi all!

Options
kerryj
kerryj Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

I have just found this chat forum so hello to all.

My name is Kerry, I'm 59 and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2015.

I've kept it pretty much in control for the last few years but since November I have been suffering constant flaring and am not sure if this could be linked with the Covid vaccine. I am trying to see my consultant about this to see if they can do something to help with the pain which affects my hands, feet, knees and neck. It also means I have little strength in my wrists.

I take Methotrexate.

That's probably enough for now!

Kerry x

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @kerryj Kerry Lovely to meet you and welcome you to the Online Community.

I see from your post that you have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since 2015 and have been relatively well controlled until recently. You suspect there is a connection with your COVID vaccination. You are not alone is suspecting this there have been many threads debating the possibility on here.

I think you have already found some as I can see you have posted on one of the threads already.

Of course it could just be that your current medication regime needs tweaking so you are very wise to try to speak to your Rheumatologist for some help.

In the meantime this might be of interest to you to help with your current flare:

I look forward to seeing you post more in future Kerry

Best wishes

Ellen.